Monday, November 8, 2010

1st Social Awareness number 3

So my first person that I am going to talk about a boy named Philip Fields and he is very thoughtful. He goes everyday and every lunch to visit kids with autism, and helps out with them. he had made friendships with them and so this is an interview from him:

Olivia Anastasio November 7 at 2:23pm
Can you just kind of summarize what you do, and how you help the kids, how old are they, have you made connections with them, how often do you go, how do u help out, what made you want to help them?
Philip Fields November 7 at 3:33pm Report
I go to the brooklyn autism center every day at lunch and afterschool, i work with some of the kids out of school also. I play with them, help them eat lunch, work with them, i take some of the work out of the teachers so they have more time to discover new things about the kids. i basically help with everything. i LOVE the kids, i have one kid who i always work with, he is 10 years old and i have a really strong bond with him, he's just so fun to work with. I did this through school, someone told me about it and i loved it since then (i started in the summer where i went all day 9-3)
Olivia Anastasio November 7 at 5:01pm
Did u start this year?
Philip Fields November 7 at 5:01pm Report
Yep this summer.

I thought that this was AMAZING! This is so big and mature for a kid that was 13, that he took out of his time to do this stuff. Truthfully I would never have the courage to do this, and he actually loves doing this, i find it was amazing!


Also my mom and Fatima and Kate changes the world in a little way. My mom always recycles and Fatima and Kate actaully have a recycle club in school where they collect bottles in every class room. Even though this a small way, if everyone did recycle it would make a big change!

No comments:

Post a Comment