Wednesday, January 26, 2011

My papa's Waltz

In this poem I wasn't really sure what it was about. When I first read I had a feeling that had to do with a little boy being beaten by his father, when he was drunk. The waltz's part was a metaphor of how some people say "you wanna dance" as in a fight. Or that it was a repeating pattern that the dad had when he was drunk. After I read it over and over again and really thought about what this poem meant, it didn't necessarily mean that the little boy was being beat. There was no fact or proof that this little boy was being beat, there were so many unclear lines that the author used. Anything could of meant anything, but if you think about it a lot of writers to that to their poem so that the reader thinks about their poems in a different then other people might, or they get a different intention from it. Once you start thinking about the opposite of this poem, I started to take every line by it's self, and see what they meant with both of the thoughts that I had. I think the author chose to do this because it pulls you deeper and deeper into the poem, like what happened to me. I read it over and over and over again to see which reason was more correct. Each time I read I got a different feel for it and more thoughts on what the author meant by the words he chose and his rhythm of his words.

No comments:

Post a Comment