Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Second part to Perks of Being Wallflower

By the way I forgot my book in my locker so there won't be any quotes.

In the book the Perks of being a wallflower, Charlie is trying to figure out he who really is while writing these letters to an anonymous person. It's very personal letters and it is more like a diary in some way.

Towards the end of the book, he kind of goes off track of finding out who he is. He had this big fight with this girl that he had a thing with and all of his friends who basically taught him everything and how to live on the outside of his life are all mad at him, because he made one stupid mistake. This is when he goes off track of who he really is, unless he really is the person who does this stuff all the time. He would buy weed all the time and he became into this huge druggie that smoked all the time by himself and he had no close friends. Though what I find interesting is that he still manages to read all of the seperate books his teacher gives to him out of school and keep up with them. He is still the same person he was in the beginning but now he has a lot more knowledge of life and being a wallflower.

Talking about how is trying to find his sexuality, like i was talking about in my other response to the beginning of the book, I feel as though that is how is realizing who he is. At first when I started reading this book I was confused if Charlie was a boy or girl, and I was actually almost positive it was a girl by the way he acted in situations and other clues I got. Towards the middle of the book you get that he likes this girl Sam, but then towards the end of the book he is excepting kisses from his homosexual friend and that is when it starts to get a little devise. His friend was just upset about his boyfriend being caught so he needed someone to cry on and Charlie was there for him.

I still feel as though Charlie hasn't found out who he is and the book didn't answer that in the end either. But I feel as though this book would be one of those books that you have to re-read and you'll get different clues from it each time about how he is changing and you have to make sure you pay very close attention to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment